Indoor gardening is becoming more and more popular, as people are becoming more concerned about their health and the safety of the food they eat. Through indoor gardening, you can grow plants within your home or any enclosed space like in an office, an apartment, or a restaurant. Some people opt for indoor gardening for ornamental purposes, like growing exotic varieties of plants, like the Southeast Asian plant called Kratom. But most people choose gardening indoors as they may not have the option of gardening outside. This may be because of the fact that they live in an apartment, it is very cold for them to garden outside or have a yard that is not suited for gardening. Our site is one of the best sites, which gives all the details needed for gardening. According to huffingtonpost.com many people are opting for growing their plants indoor.
Growing plants in your house has its own benefits. Plants not only cleanse your household air but also improve the aesthetics of most indoor space. They can provide your family with healthy, yummy organic foods. As said earlier, those who don’t have good gardening spot in their yard or are city dwellers can find indoor gardening pretty useful. Plus, plants grown indoors don’t require that much of space. You can even grow them on your window sill. There are various kinds of plants like orchids, kratom which can be grown indoors.
There are certain things, one must consider before growing plants indoor.
· Find The Appropriate Space
An indoor garden can take up as little or much space, depending upon how much you are able to give it. You can grow some plants like the tomato plant on a windowsill or on a table also. Larger growers or dedicated gardeners may want to set up a bench or a table specifically for the garden.
You need to find an area with a linoleum or tile floor which can help in storing the water which comes out from the plant. Or you can also try placing a tarp under your table.
Some people use shelves as they have lots of planting room while taking less space. People using shelves, need to check if adequate light reaches all the plants, if not, separate grow light is needed to be installed for each shelves, in order for the plant to grow properly.
· Lighting Needs To Be Perfect
Plants require light to photosynthesize to survive and in order for them to photosynthesize, they need light. If the plant is not provided with adequate light, they may grow into tall and spindly trees. Even if there is enough energy for growing leaves, they may still not expand totally. Without adequate light, the plant will not bear flowers or fruits.
During the winter months, plants grown near a windowsill will not probably get enough light to thrive. During those times, you would have to install grow lights. But there are certain things to consider before purchasing a grow light.
1. When seedlings don’t receive enough of bright light, they end up getting very tall and leggy. Even if you have placed the plant near a windowsill that is sunny, the plant may not get the light they need. Growing seedlings under fluorescent light is the best option. Growing plants under lights helps you to control light intensity.
2. Natural light is the best for growing plants from seedling. But there are times when your plants wouldn’t get the required amount of light, so getting a full spectrum light bulb, would be a good alternative for sunlight.
3. A rest period is very important for healthy plant growth. You need to make sure, your seedlings get at least eight hours of darkness. An automatic timer can be used, which is the best way of ensuring that each day, the lights are on only for the right amount of time.